Monday, November 3, 2014

SPI Belt and SPI Band Review





I received a SPI (Small Personal Item) Belt and SPI Band last week to review.  I have seen these Facebook and was really excited because I have had issues in the past finding something that would hold my Samsung Galaxy S5 with a case. 

SPI was established in 2007 and makes product that are great for walking, running, hiking, cycling, and more.  The CEO, Kim Overton, was jogging one day with her keys tucked into her bra.  She thought to herself, “There's got to be a better way.”  Their products line now includes the SPI Belts for both adults and kids, the SPI Band that can go on your wrist or ankle, Messenger bags, water bottle holders, dog leashes and more.

The SPI Belt definitely lives up to the hype.  The elastic belt is adjustable and has a buckle, which makes it easy to put on.  The stretchy zippered pouch was able to fit my Galaxy S5 with the case (although it did take a little work).  As promised, the belt and its contents do not bounce around at all.  It was so comfortable that I didn’t even realize that I had it on during my run.  The SPI Belt is made in the USA, which is a rarity and I always like buying American products when possible.  The only negative thing that I have to say about the SPI belt is that I had the pouch on my lower back and the pouch is not waterproof, so my phone has some sweat on it.  Not a deal breaker for me and SPI does sell a waterproof accessory bag that you can use in the pouch as well.


The SPI Band is a great product as well.  I tried to use it both on my wrist and ankle and found that I prefer using it on my ankle.  You can stash smaller items like a driver’s license, credit card, cash, or car keys with ease.  I personally don't like things on my wrist and found that it was not breathable enough for my wrist (in my opinion).  I did not have any breathability issues when using the SPI band on my ankle though.  This would be perfect during races when you need to stash your car keys.

I think that SPI puts out great products and has an extensive product line.  If I had to choose between the SPI Belt and Band, I would suggest the belt because of its versatility.  They are both great products though and I would definitely recommend them. Give them a try and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read feedback so feel free to add your comments or questions.