Runners are a quirky bunch of people, from the disgusting things we would only do on a run, to the superstitions we have. I asked my friends what running superstitions they have prior to a race or training run. Here are the 10 best:
- Putting Body Glide on your feet (to avoid blisters).
- Eating the same food before races. Lucky Charms… Really?
- Having a tube of ChapStick (or else, you might as well kiss that PR buh-bye).
- Never wearing a race shirt from the race you are doing.
- Listening to “Eye of the Tiger” in the corral. (Get that song out of your head now!)
- Wearing two different colored socks (i.e., one red and one green).
- Pinning your bib on the night before and laying your clothes on the floor in the shape of a person (yes, socks, armband, and hat, too).
- Cleaning your race shoes prior to the race (or else, you will trip and break your ankle).
- Putting your clothes on in the same order every time (underwear, shorts, left sock, right sock, then shirt).
- Wearing the same underwear for every race. (Your race briefs have more holes than Swiss cheese.)
Have you done any of these things before a run or race? Do you have any you would like to share?
Lucky Charms: https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/186/403048731_a4a8b89e4a_z.jpg?zz=1 (from https://www.flickr.com/photos/laffy4k/403048731/)
*Used by permission of MOKO.Mobi, Inc.