Tuesday, March 24, 2015

5 Things I Never Thought I Would Do Before I Started Running

I have only been running for a year and a half. As I have become immersed in the sport and adopted some of its rituals, I started thinking how I would never do these things if I weren’t a runner. Here are five things that have changed since I started running:

1) I plan my bathroom schedule around my running. I used to laugh at a coworker who went to the bathroom, like clockwork, at 11:30 a.m., right before his run. Guess who is on the same schedule now?

2) I never thought I would have a shoe fetish (not a weird one). I am always looking at running shoes. Let’s just say that I don’t need another pair.

3) I put Band-Aids on my nipples. You should have seen the look on my wife’s face when she saw me put them on for the first time. She was at a complete loss for words.

4) I have BodyGlide strategically placed at work, home, and in all of my workout bags. You can never have enough BodyGlide.

5) I have sharted and wasn’t even embarrassed. My only thought, “It’s too late now, might as well enjoy my run.” Now that’s positive thinking!

What things have you done as a runner that you never thought you would do? .


Copyright 2014
*Used by permission of MOKO.Mobi, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read feedback so feel free to add your comments or questions.