Monday, November 14, 2016

SPI Performance Series Belt Review




* Disclaimer: I received the SPI Belt Performance Series to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (Ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews

SPI was established in 2007 and makes products that are great for walking, running, hiking, cycling, and more.  SPI is short for Small Personal Item.  The CEO, Kim Overton, was jogging one day with her keys tucked into her bra.  She thought to herself, “There's got to be a better way.”  Their products line now includes SPI Belts for both adults and kids, the SPI Band that can go on your wrist or ankle, Messenger bags, water bottle holders, dog leashes and more.  SPI products are made in the USA, which is a rarity and I always like buying American products when possible.

In the past, I’ve tested the Original SPI Belt, SPI Band, and SPI H20 Venture Series Hydration Belt.  Here are links to my past reviews:


Like the Original SPI Belt, the Performance Series Belt easily fit my Galaxy S6 with the case (and will fit an iPhone 6 Plus as well).  All SPI belts offer a bounce-free experience, which is important while running. 

There are four gel loops, a weather resistant pocket, soft elastic that fits waists from 29”-52”, and a sturdy buckle.  I have had issues with other brands gel loops because they are too small and I can’t even get my gels in them.  The loops in the SPI Performance Series Belt are the perfect size.

The SPI products that I have tested are so comfortable that I don’t even realize that I have them on at times.  The Original SPI belt was awesome, but my biggest complaint with it was that the pouch was not waterproof or sweat proof.  The SPI Performance Series Belt on the other hand has a WeatherGuard design that will keep your contents somewhat safe from the elements, and I really put it to the test.  The website has a warning that it is not waterproof, but I used the H20 Venture Series Hydration Belt, which has the same WeatherGuard design, in a torrential downpour for over 2 hours and my phone was fine, although use it at your own risk.  I put my phone in a Ziploc bag inside the pouch just to be safe, but the inside of the pouch was bone dry.

Pros:
WeatherGuard coated pocket protects your phone from moisture
Decent Price ($25.99)
Comfortable, bounce free belt
Fits a Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note or iPhone 6S Plus
4 gel loops
WeatherGuard Pouch
One size fits most

SPI’s Social Media Links:

Check out what some of my fellow BibRave Pro’s thought about the SPI Performance Series Belt. 


I am a huge fan of SPI.  The Original SPI Belt was amazing and the H20 Venture Series Hydration Belt took it to the next level with a waterproof(ish) large pocket, gel loops, race toggles, and water bottles.  The SPI Performance Series Belt is similar to the Venture without the race toggles and water bottles.  You can pick up your SPI Performance Series Belt at the SPI website for $25.99 or at a store near you (click here for locations).  I wish I could say more about it, but it’s simply an awesome running belt that holds your gear and is comfortable.    Be sure to order your SPI Performance Series Belt by November 18th and save 20% by using the code ‘bibchat2016’ at checkout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read feedback so feel free to add your comments or questions.