Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Holy crap, I just ran 20 miles!


This last weekend was intense.  I ran 5 miles at race pace on Saturday and 20 miles on Sunday.  The funny thing is that the 20 miles wasn’t that bad.  My legs were really tired for the first 4-5 miles, but they warmed up after that and I was able to speed up a little.  I had some minor IT Band irritation near my knee and some soreness in my upper calf at mile 16.  I finished the run feeling good and knowing that I will be able to run the full marathon.  Now it is just a matter of how fast. 

I am in my 14th week of training for my first marathon, which is a recovery week.  It consists of:

Monday: rest/recovery
Tuesday: 5 mile run
Wednesday: 5 mile trail run
Thursday: Cycle 18 miles
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 8 mile run
Sunday: 12 mile run

I got some Chinese food yesterday and when I opened my fortune cookie this is what I found. 


I hope it comes true.  After my marathon training I am really excited to get back to some half marathon training.  I will be focusing on trying to get faster over the next year.  My half marathon PR is 1:50:20 and I want to break the 1:45:00 (8:01 min/mile pace) mark in 2016.  The extra endurance that I have gained from long distance running should really help.  What are your goals for the next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read feedback so feel free to add your comments or questions.